The broom extension spring controls the extension speed and travel of the side broom arm. This spring is located on the outside of the side broom arm and connected to the broom mounting bracket by a chain. The other end of the spring is attached to a large eyebolt attached to the side broom motor mount.
The broom extension spring may need adjusting when:
• The broom does not fully extend during operation
• The broom extension speed is too slow
You can adjust the speed and travel of the side broom arm by:
• Extending the spring tension
• Changing the attitude of the chain
1. With the broom in the up position, locate the extension spring.
2. Locate the row of slots in the outer plate of the side broom mounting bracket.
3. To DECREASE chain attitude, move the chain to a slot closer to the outer plate.
4. To INCREASE chain attitude, move the chain to a slot further away from the outer plate.
5. To INCREASE tension, remove links from the chain alternatively, adjust the eyebolt on the side broom motor mount.
6. To DECREASE tension, add links to the chain or adjust the eyebolt on the side broom motor mount.
Note: This is intended as a general guide. Specific procedures may vary depending on the model. Always consult your operating manual for detailed directions and safety information before attempting to perform any maintenance on your sweeper. Never work on or near the side broom when the broom is rotating.
Submit your Schwarze Story here: Schwarze Stories