Street sweeping is a non-structural best management practice (BMP) that can serve the entire community. Street sweepers equipped with optional catch basin cleaners can go to work immediately after purchase as opposed to structural BMPs like storm ponds that only serve a dedicated area and require engineering and construction. This makes sweeping the most cost-effective BMP per impervious acre treated [King, Hagen, 2011].
PERFORMANCE MATTERS: When it comes to pollution removal, performance matters. Our holistic approach helps stormwater managers select the right sweeper technology to optimize performance because the more pounds removed per impervious acre swept puts you one step closer to your permit goal. Download our whitepaper from Stormwater Magazine on BMP evaluation and selecting the right sweeper for you permit requirements.
PUBLIC OUTREACH: Our marketing department can also help with public outreach by working with you to provide custom wraps for your new sweeper that will be seen throughout the community. See a few examples here.
PRODUCTS: We encourage you to watch the case studies below involving stormwater managers and their journey in selecting Schwarze sweepers for meeting permit requirements. Then review our products. We offer a wide range of sweepers to meet your specific goals. Examples include:
• The non-CDL A4 Storm for downtown, parking areas and alleys with 76” dump height to roll offs.
• Our most popular A7 Tornado is great for any municipality and includes catch basin cleaning options.
• The A8 Twister is our high dump version of the A7. Eliminate a trip to the landfill.
• The large capacity A9 Monsoon is great for Fall leaf and pine needle season.
• The M6 Avalanche mechanical sweeper is great for picking up large debris on shoulders as well as dense debris like heavy sand, sediment, and asphalt millings.
• Our latest addition is the HyperVac pure vacuum sweeper. With full width scrubbing capability, it is great for older infrastructures with various road contours and does a great job on dense debris like sand, sediment, and asphalt millings.
PURCHASE & FINANCING: Schwarze is on several national and local contracts, including Sourcewell, HGAC, GSA, various Sheriff, and state contracts. For government entities, we also offer special financing through leasing partners that enable you to lock in current pricing and rates without making a payment for up to 12 months. As an option, Schwarze will work with your local dealer to include annual maintenance in your finance package. This enables you to conserve cash and start earning stormwater credits now without waiting until the next budget cycle.
LET’S GET STARTED: Please fill out the information request form. Schwarze and our local dealer will reach out to you to understand your permit requirements and set up a demo.